Friday, February 09, 2007

I don't even notice that she's gone

Today had the distinct possibility of developing into a utterly wasted day. I had little desire to do much anything, and so spent a good deal of the morning just filling time. Spent an half an hour or so doing internet research (by which, of course, I mean: reading friends' blogs and answering emails), half an hour or so reading, forty minutes or so watching obnoxious chatshows on telelvision. I suspect that if we still had a hundred or so channels I would have wasted the whole day away. Forty minutes is about all I could stand of the bare-bones basic cable chat shows, so I decided to clean the house instead. It was, obviosuly, what I should have done all along, but the idea of cleaning only seemed feasible when the boredom of television set in.

7 comments:

Dave said...

Want to kill another 30 mins? I found these two guys from Gonzaga that film dumb little skits and they're actually pretty funny.

http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~lbarats/videos.html

Check these ones out (in order of greatness):

"So Smooth"
"The Other Son" (serious blasphemy... but they go to a Jesuit school, Gonzaga, so I figure they've worked out their salvation)
"Mothers Day"
"PC Frat Boys"
"Cubicle War"

In fact, I think I'm going to go waste some more time by posting a blog with one of these video's and giving people a link to go watch them as well. YES! BLOG IDEA!

Dave said...

hahahhahahaha I just watched "Auto Insurance" on there and it is HILARIOUS!

Go! Waste the night away!

Michael said...

Mmmm... and while I was on youtube, I discovered many episodes of a British show called QI,hosted by Stephen Fry (see previous post). It's a ridiculously hard quiz show with celeb (mostly comics) contestants.

Keira said...

I've followed you on to your blog to say: That crack about Road to Avonlea was bang out of order!! Desist immediately!

Michael said...

Mwwaaahhaahhhhahhh. (that's my evil laugh).

Road Avonela > Touch by an Angel.

Keira said...

If you don't stop dumping on Road to Avonlea I'm going to have to kidnap you and force you to watch the first four seasons until you admit that it rocks. (So the last few seasons sucked but that's only the fault of the freaking disney channel . . . )
To even compare this show to that other unmentionably awful ooze is blasphemy.

Anonymous said...

Road to Avonlea was wonderful. I agree with Kiera.