Monday, January 23, 2006

And I wanna rock your gypsy soul

And the award for most surreal conversation overheard this morning: the two blind people on the bus complaining about how bright it was yesterday.

Time and time again, the bus inevitably proves to be the most clear example of why I am an anti-social person: humanity packed in together, dangling conversations about people you don't know or things you don't care about, screaming children. The other day, this guy sits done next to me, which annoyed me right off the bat, as there were open seats where he wouldn't have to sit next to anyone. What's worse is that he smelled. There was the over powering smell of tobacco, but there something else mixed in with the tobacco, cigarettes don't usually bother me. But this guy had cigarette smoke and something, feces? raw sewage? going on. And I knew when he sat down and pulled out a textbook, this guy was in for the long haul down the university.
So I did what any person in my situation could do (I mean, other than running away): I turned my body into the window... and dug my keys into my leg to take my mind off the stank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a girl on the subway saturday night dressed very nicely, carrying a hat box and an ornamental scimitar.

(That was after the Ozzy Osborne wanna -be aging rocker with detachable girlfriend, and before the group of four attractive young men in kilts, tams and kneesocks. It was an interesting night on the subway.)

Michael said...

I miss the subway. The true crazies ride the subway.