Sunday, February 05, 2006

And all I've said is just instead of coming back to you

I went to my neighbourhood video store today. They have this special where you can get one of their older "gallery" movies free. No other rental required. Now their pickings are slim, but a free movie is a free movie. Hey, I'd even watch a Will Ferrell movie if I didn't have to pay for it... all right, that's totally not true. I wouldn't watch one his films if I was paid.

So my friend Matt was working and he's never working when I go in. he walked around with me and tried to steer me to some decent titles. Even with Matt's fine eye and savvy film literate mind, there wasn't much selection. I was half-tempted to rent Hudson Hawk, as it was one of about 5 titles made before 1995.

And I had no idea that Steven Segal made so many freakin' movies! He must be the direct to video king! I can't imagine any of those films are very good. I mean they're supposed to be "action" but he didn't really move around all that much before he packed on the Kirstie Alley weight.
I passed on American Psycho 2, even though it had that really annoying girl from "That's 70s Show" and I was thinking to myself "really annoying girl + nauseating violence = fun, fun, fun! Thankfully Matt was there to correct my math.

I ended up renting... bah, I forget now.

Stupid slim pickin’s!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

free rentals, no strings attached? surely, you jest.

i also (used to) hate will ferrell.
i understand the will ferrell avoidance thing.

Anonymous said...

ah. and you only get one? what if you come back in an hour, having changed attire before returning?

Michael said...

Jest not do I... wow, went a little Yoda there. One free rental. The "string," such as it is, is the slim pickins.

Anonymous said...

I liked Hudson Hawk. (Well, except for Sandra Bernhard, but the characters she's usually given to play sincerely annoy me.)