Saturday, February 11, 2006

It’s lonely out in space

I've spent almost the whole day reading. There have been a few Buffy-breaks (Rachel and I have resumed our watching of the entire series after an almost six month hiatus) and a couple of trips across the street to check on and feed the cat; but for the most part, I've been couped up here, reading till my eyes have become the dry, stingy marbles that currently reside in my sockets. Stupid eyes.

I have a couple of movies that I got from the library that I need to watch this weekend. They're not "fun" movies, but school movies (to be read: "films I'm using in my PhD"). Not that they won't be fun to watch: I've loved all the films I've watched, and I don't think these two will be any different. One I've been trying to get my hands on for a very long time. Now that I have it in my hands, I'm a little nervous about watching it. Great expectations are hard to live up to. Maybe I'll get to them tomorrow evening. It's not like the Simpsons are worth watching these days.

I wish I had something even remotely interesting to say. But I don't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

which 2 films are you going to watch?

Michael said...

The first one is called "The Seventh Veil" (1945); the second, the one with great expectations is "The Tales of Hoffman" (1951).

Anonymous said...

neither have i heard of. both of those films were introduced to the world at the same time as my parents. that can't be a good thing.

however, i sincerely hope you enjoy them. The first title sparks intrigue (a woman who marries for the seventh time? what happened to the first 6 men? oh, the wheels and cogs in my head are working 'round the clock).

Enjoy.