Thursday, October 19, 2006

and we'll all come praise the Infanta

Got my new Ipod Nano the other day. I love it like a child. It's magically wonderous. Rachel spoils me and I totally don't deserve it. She also picked up this awesome skin for it. The salesman called it the 'ugly orange,' but, I've decided, he's a moron. It's awesome orange.

As an additional bonus, I received $20 at the ITunes store, so I picked up one song (the new, haunting lute cut of Sting's "Fields of Gold" which was featured on this week's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") and one album, the Decemberist's "Picaresque." My great, pixie friend, Jaimie, has been singing the praises of the Decemeberists in her professional voice for some time. I am not disappointed in the least. Jaimie never steered me wrong - from ice cream that tastes like frozen whipped cream to Veronica Mars, from directions to her work to an awesome album: Jaimie rocks!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blush*

Um, thank you!

(Did you know that Andrew called me the coffee pixie before he knew my name?)

Anonymous said...

umm, that was me.

I can't work the internets today.

Michael said...

I did know that. And it's a fairly good description of you.

Tom said...

Smart salesman, calling his products ugly...

I guess we all have this Jaimie to thank for Veronica Mars, since I got the idea off you Mike

Michael said...

Methinks he labelled it "ugly" as it was on clearance for 1/2 price.

And, again, Jaimie rocks.

Dave said...

I just realized you had a counter and can probably see who comes to your blog. Can I just say there there is a very logical reason why I come to your blog 2-3 times a day?

I'm bored a lot.

Roz said...

Oh course mike has a counter, he's creepy that way...but in a lovable way of course

Michael said...

See, that's the kind of Mike-insulting goodness you could have employed in the previous thread, Roz.

The counter only keeps track of the number of visits. It doesn't do the individual IP logging or tell me who's stopping by. Frankly, if you're checking from Winnipeg, you just part of a big red dot.

Dave said...

BOO YA!

Roz said...

My earlier comment about creepiness still stands

Cheryl said...

I thought lurking was dirty Dave?

seems like visiting Mike's blog 3 times a day is kinda lurky.

Does lurky in a loveable way work, Roz?

Michael said...

Visiting my blog 3 or 4 times a day is NOT lurky. It's fan-frickin-tastic. Everyone should be stopping by multiple times a day cuz I'm that good.

The counter was added back in the days when hardly anyone commented and I was curious whether people actually came here or not.

Dave said...

Dang Cheryl, you really enjoy calling me out, don't ya? Fine, I'm a lurker ok? I've admitted it, I lurk all the time... now excuse me as I go look lurk on your blog and see this interesting and more dangerous other side of Cheryl P.

Also, Mike, I'm going to link to your blog from my blog, cool?

Michael said...

Cool.

And careful, Dave. Once you see the dangerous side of Cheryl, your world will never be the same...