Thursday, October 05, 2006

I am always the one who calls

How sad is it that I completely forgot that it's Thankgiving up here in Canada this weekend? Pathetic. Actually, it only occured to me when I was sitting in my office, trying to figure out what Yeats' poems to cover in class, and a little thought popped into my head: "I'd really like some pumpkin pie." From that simple craving it was only a hop, skip and a jump to: "Oh, yeah, it's Thanksgiving this weekend." Somebody shoot me.

Actually, it shouldn't be a big surprise that I forgot. It's not like we have anything exciting planned. Commitments in the city with Rachel's work have made going away impossible. Some of Rachel's cousins had talked about hosting Thanksgiving dinner, but we haven't heard whether that's actually happening.

Frankly, as long as I get that pumpkin pie, I don't care much one way or the other. Turkey's all fine and good, but the pie... that's where it's at, man.

14 comments:

saran said...

I agree completely. My aunt and I had quite the debate on pumpkin pie this morning - She doesn't like it due to "the texture." It's pumpkin pie!! What is there not to like?

Rebs said...

mmm...I'll be savouring my pumpkin pie on Sunday in a MAJOR way.
In a gloating sort of way.
that is going to be some good, good pie.

Michael said...

Don't rub it in much Rebs.

Maybe there'll be pumpkin pie at the PAC 70th Anniversary?Thanksgiving dinner. Although the last time I was around for one, they served ham and scallop potatoes. I was so mad I nearly threw my potatoes at the wall.

Rebs said...

wait! I'm singing for that! this means we'll SEE each other instead of doing this crazy internet chatting...that's great! maybe they WILL have pie...but probably not. and even if they do, it won't be as good as my grams'.

btw, I laughed out loud at the scalloped potatoes thing...my co-workers are giving me looks...time to start working.

Michael said...

In a weird side note: I've just discovered that like scallop potatoes. For the past 15 years I've been telling people how much I hate them; Rachel's family knows not to make them. Turns out I don't like *my mother's* scallop potatoes.

Tom said...

Oh, classic... did I ever tell you, when Chris (Cherie's Chris) was younger, for years he thought he didn't like chicken...

Turned out he'd just never had it without gravy

True story

Tom said...

I think I need to try pumpkin pie this season, I can't remember why I don't like it anymore so it's time to hit F5 on my palette

Rebs said...

F5?
weird.

Tom said...

F5 refreshes your browser; like if I'm looking at your blog and you comment, the number won't change unless I hit refresh

which for us tech-savvy folk is the F5 key

yes that was planned, feel free to take umbrage :)

Rebs said...

you liked the umbrage thing didn't ya? y'see, TOM, when somebody ASKS you for an explanation, all is well...it's the others that provoke umbrage and outrage.

Tom said...

Bwahaha! I am merciless, ruthless today! And you haven't even read the next lesson I posted on your blog! I'm waiting on tender hooks!!

Rebs said...

I love people who remember and bring up past jokes randomly! you remind me of Kaitlin that way...

there's been so much interweb activity today..I'm going to have to thoroughly clear out my browser before I go...stupid snoopy city i.t. people

Michael said...

*Mike walks in to find the mess Tom and Rebs left*

Rebs said...

yeah, I thought of that - but was too giddy in the moment to stop...sorry Mike.
hey, I made pumpkin pie today for the first time and thought of you..hope you're enjoying rachel's!