Thursday, October 19, 2006

We have to pay for the love that we stole

I was watching television this morning before I left for work. Commercials are becoming increasingly irksome. I seriously think advertisers think we're all morons as commercials seem to fall into two major categories: 1) Men are stupid and 2) Everyone's stupid. Whether it's a guy using a clicker to record all the looks the ladies give him or a woman hiding the fact that she's using Glade candles apparently we're all frickin' morons.

Of course, it's not like some of these products are all that intelligent. One of the commercials I saw this morning was for the new Gillette razor. Apparently regular razors are now battery operated! I don't know about you, but the idea of putting a real razor blade that's moving close to my face doesn't appeal to me. Call me crazy.

3 comments:

Rebs said...

um, okay. *shrugs* "Crazy."

saran said...

The whole idea of having any kind of blade that close to your face is terrifying to me! Thankfully, that's not something I have to concern myself with (yet).

Michael said...

Hence, my regular "stubbly-Joe" appearance.