Monday, October 09, 2006

Blue Train

Just read that Joss Whedon has no plans to make a sequel to Serenity. Disappointed? Oh, my yes. I'd heard it was going to be a trilogy. Guess now that half my friends are done with their "Firefly" kick, that'll be it for "Firefly."
I was hoping that there'd be something new that we could all see together as I've been unable to join them due to mass thesising. Now if I could just convince them to start watching "Veronica Mars"... Actually, I can't convice them to watch anything. Tommy, the harbinger of good times can though. The power that boy has... staggering.

Speaking of Veronica, Rachel and I are almost finished the second season. It's so good -lots of witty banter, great music and red herrings. And Veronica is so, so adorable (and as Rachel drools over Logan, I feel fine saying that).

8 comments:

Tom said...

LOGAN! Hahahaha!! That's great! Never the ones you expect...

The Verenike Mars ship has already begun to sail, Michael! Given how long it took us to watch 14 episodes of Firefly (we only finished just last night), I'm sure you'll be done your thesising in plenty of time to join us again. Assuming everyone still likes it, that is... I'm pretty confident, though. It IS a great show.

The big secret is convenience, Mike... you gotta bring your stuff, have the material in question available when everyone's in the vulnerable, 'what should we do' phase. Don't expect them to seek these things out on their own! You gotta bring the goodness to the people. If it's right there, it's not really that hard to convince everyone to watch 'just one episode'...

Michael said...

Like I did with MST 3K?!? I had the secret in the palm of my hand and... forgot it.

Rebs said...

staggering indeed.

logan? hmm...well, maybe he's more drool worthy in the second season - not overly impressed thus far.
that cad though - what's his face - now HE was good lookin'. p'raps TOO good lookin'.

never trust the pretty ones.

Michael said...

Rachel also likes Weevil and Wallace (though with Wallace its more an affectionate "puppy" thing).

Rebs said...

oh yeah, I can understand that...especially Weevil...every gal likes a badass.
well, maybe not every girl, but I certainly do.

I remembered the name of that cad - Troy.

Michael said...

Oh Troy, you who are the stupidest of boys. How could you leave VERONICA???? Pffft, idiot.

Anonymous said...

I miss Firefly. I still rewatch the series every few months.

Michael said...

I hope Booth College lets me teach that faith and film/media class in the winter as Firefly will be a main component.